Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seen 1: Manish Arora

Fashion week in Paris has been quite amazing.  Between yesterday and today I've been to 8 shows and witnessed some amazing garments on major fashion aficionados.  Sans camera for the first show I attended (Marthé et François Girbaud; which was nothing to miss) I made it high priority to get a camera because I knew this week would be full of kodak moments, for lack of a better phrase. 
Camera in hand, the second stop on my fashion week tour (so to speak) was Manish Arora an indian designer from New Delhi, who has a very busy mind (from the looks of his garments). Held in the 11th (onzieme) arrondissement of Paris at Cirque d'Hiver, the setting was perfect for the cast of garments that were displayed.  The presentation was quite interesting,  in addition to the costumesque garments, giant heels and face paint, Arora added even more flare to the presentatuion by adding jesters dressed in all black who taunted some of the models as they walked (yes, I know).  
                                             
The color palette, use of various textiles and textures, the volume and depth of the garments, was very ostentatious.  It was quite evident that Arora checked simplicity at the door.
                       
      
(Backstage at Manish A. L-R Anna Piaggi, Backstage,Myself and Mickey Boardman, Jean-Paul)


Next up, Jeremy Scott!

Bisous,
Jennifer Pauline

No comments: