What is your Raison d'etre (reason for being)?
As I walk from my apartment down Rue Moncalm (my street) to Rue Ordener I have about 3 blocks to think, before I head underground to my Metro stop Jules-Joffrin (I decided against riding the Metro from Lamarck-Coulaincourt today). The thought running through my mind this morning, as I listened to a sermon by T.D Jakes entitled "Nothing Moves Until You Speak", were thoughts about my reason for being. Here I am, trapsing along la Rue (street) in Paris (which feels more like the path of my life, full of rocky surfaces (the cobblestones, which are laid by hand one by one) and the smooth surfaces of the Metro) and I began re-capping my purpose.
Whilst listening to this sermon, I hear the speaker refering to the endless possibilities one has once you speak the desires of your heart and act upon those words and not just "wish" for it to happen. So, I not only ask you to ask yourself your Raison d'Etre, but I also ask you to challenge yourself to speak something outrageous in your life and be the ONLY person to determine your reason for being, not your circumstances, friends or family.
A bientôt!
Jennifer Pauline
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment