Generally speaking, conversations this past week with my best friend André (seen above, I love him), have consisted of non-stop, in-depth discussions of NY Fashion Week S/S 2009. My position on the NY collections: I was overwhelmingly under-whelmed. I will not deny the great eye of many of my favorite NY based designers (Rodarte, Zac, Proenza S. etc. etc.) but overall I felt as if I had seen most of these looks before, the collection lacked inspiration and as André said, there was something off about the styling.When it comes to aesthetics, I appreciate that most designers have the ability to maintain a certain "look", their certain "look", within every collection they present, but some designers left me yearning for more. Jack and Lazaro (Proenza Schouler) have always given structured looks, which they maintained this season. Rodarte always presents a slightly messy and disheveled look (with structure here and there), which they brought back this season as well. Zac, never fails to please a woman and those who love a womanly shape. While I liked most of the looks I saw, I wasn't head over heels in love with them and I won't be skipping any meals to go buy some separates. Well, I take that back on one account. Jack and Lazaro always give me what I need at some point in the collection.
Anyways, as I told André, I need a collection to be thought provoking, leaving me wondering what the designers inspiration was, exhilerating, having me scream on the inside from pure joy, and memorable, at least one piece from the collection or component of the overall show stands out (in a good way) and I can carry that memory with me for a lifetime.
This season, there were 3 men who fancied me and i'm still screaming yesss. Marc Jacobs (for Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc) Alexander Wang and the newest musketeer, Phillip Lim (3.1 by).
Stay tuned for my ode to these 3 wonderful men (Marc is pictured twice, you already know why).

(images from style.com)
bisou bisou,
Jennifer Pauline
1 comment:
LOL. i love lim marc tell U somewang. U already know I agree... with your post & alex wang sash-shaying down the runway after his model finale!, which was, by the way, 2 the tune of "bring 'em out" by tip himself!
Post a Comment