
Aujourd'hui my Haute Couture class went to museé les arts décoratifs to view the current fashion exhibit "Valentino: Themes et Variations". One word to describe this exhibit, exhilarating. We started out with pieces from Valentino's first collections and viewed dresses that he built for many great women who were apart of the international high society, from Marlene Dietrich to Jackie Kennedy to Rita Hayward. I was in awe at the many intricate details that went into all of the constructed dresses, paillettes, ruching, prints from various places in the world, tulle, embroidery etc. etc. This is what fashion or
la mode is all about. I was reminded once again why I love fashion. Valentinos constructed garments will truly be missed in the fashion world. Merci beaucoup Monsieur Valentino Garavani, gros bisou de Jennifer Pauline. After Valentino, Ms. Sonia Rykiel has an exhibit and I'm more than excited for what is to come.
visit les arts decoratifs: http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/fr/02museemode/valentino/page01.html
Bisous,
Jennifer Pauline
No comments:
Post a Comment