
"I have Patrick!"- the infamous line from The Devil Wears
Prada, where I'm quite sure much of the world began to familiarize themselves with Patrick
Demarchelier. A world
renowned fashion photographer,
Demarchelier exhibited some of his best work at Paris'
Petit Palais. Upon entering the museum I knew that this would be an awesome experience, especially when the woman at the ticket counter said "
c'est gratuit" and gave us our tickets. The first thing that I noticed was his ability to capture
someones personality, capturing it and giving it to the public, straight with no chaser (for lack of a better term). We were given a glimpse of the real, Nicole Kidman, Meg Ryan, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, Michelle Phifer and many more. One photograph that will forever remain in my mind is the following photograph of one of the most amazing women that ever walked the face of this earth. This is the true essence of who this woman was and will forever be remembered as. Do you know who she is?? Guess in the comment section and I'll tell you tomorrow.


Another amazing aspect of this photo exhibition was the juxtaposition of old and new, mixing works from early french 19th century painters such as Courbet and
Morot with the photography of
Demarchelier. This is a true example of working in your gift, going after your dreams and doing things your own way. This is what happens when you let nothing stop you from attaining your dreams; your work ends up in one of the most amazing museums in Paris (or you end up in Paris, looking at the amazing talents and dreams manifested by another dream-catcher, like me)

bisous,
Jennifer Pauline
2 comments:
You go girl!
iam trying to figure it out who is she its hurts my hed??? Annwintor i need patrick
Post a Comment