Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Pause for Paris: For the LV in Me

I know that I need to continue sharing my experiences in Eastern Europe, but since I'm back in Paris, I can't neglect to tell you what's been going on!  Well, first off one of my good friends Jesse left Paris yesterday, c'est triste!  But I know I will see her again on some other continent! Before she left we got to explore some wonderful exhibitions together, Patrick Demarchelier's exhibit at le Petit Palais and l'espace Louis Vuitton at the top of the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs-Elysees.  These were some AMAZING (strong emphasis on amazing) exhibitions, it just made me fall in love with art even more, thus justifying even further, my love for la mode (fashion).

(me, below)
The exhibition at l'espace Louis Vuitton was focused on young Korean artists, entitled "Metamorphoses".  Filled with various art forms such as paintings and sculptures, to a missile with a mini city on top of it and dancing figures of North Korean and South Korean soldiers (they were positioned in a way so that they could never actually link up, representing the current tension between the Northern and Southern part of the country)

                                      (how to become a rock [in Korean])

                                     (A view from the top of Louis Vuitton)


to be continued :)

bisous,
Jennifer Pauline

No comments: